We carry out customer projects in the areas of Data Warehousing and Data Integration using Microsoft and Oracle databases as well as XML technologies. This process can lead to an entirely new development or expansion of an existing system. This type of Integration project also takes on different perspectives, which are segmented into success strategies to ensure a successful project.
The following illustrations display several strategies for the different services we provide.
Overview of the strategies for projects in Data Warehousing, Data Exchange and Service oriented Architectures using MS SQL Server and Oracle as well as XML Technologies
Business Administration Perspectives
Business Administration Perspectives takes into account those aspects and factors which promote the successful employment of software and ETL solutions as well as the economic and organizational advantages provided by ETL products and technologies. We focus on these factors to support and provide you with consultation services. You will also profit from our experience with many other Data Warehousing projects.
Business Administrative Perspectives through Data Warehousing Projects and Data Exchange with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle as well as XML Technologies
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How can I know and set up connections between data?
- What business administrative advantages will I gain?
- What technologies are best suited for validation and transformation purposes?
- How can I easily implement future upgrades and modifications?
- How do I put my investments in the software to their best use?
The following sections contain concrete aspects of Business Administrative Perspectives:
- Business Administrative Strategy
- Automation of Data Exchange: Data exchange, which is usually manually or only partly automated, should be completely automated in ETL projects and their configurations should be controllable from outside.
- Improving Data Exchange: The data exchange and the interface are thoroughly in working order. The point, however, is that through the integration project more data should either be exchanged or a better format should be implemented. Oftentimes the process is offered through XML. We advise you here as to which procedures and standards (both technical and branch-specific) are availalbe and how they can be entered and combined.
- Using Complex Technologies: The requirements for an interface, over time, become outdated and oftentimes need to be replaced with more complex technologies.
- Future Strategy
- Chances for Growth: New Chances for Growth and Process Development are possible through Data Warehousing and ETL solutions made possible by the company.
- Extendibility and Customization: The Integration software as well as the overall approach of the Data-integration software should be extendable and customizable to easily meet future requirements.
- Investment Security: Investment in the software, licenses and services should be dispersed over the long-term according to a planned time period.
- Sustainability: Data modeling, Data Warehouse and Integration processes should be sustainable. Extendibility is very important, particularly when requirements change or new ones appear.
ETL software often deals with the complex architecture of hardware, server software, data banks and software components. That is why there is a series of purely technical factors to consider which influence the actual project and the successful long-term services of the software.
Technological Perspectives through Data Warehousing Projects, Data Exchange with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle as well as XML Technologies
The following section contains concrete aspects for Technical Perspectives:
- Data Strategy
- Modeling: The data for data bases, import/export files as well as other data formats have to be technically correct and created so that the model can be updated. It's possible that the data-imaging and data storage requirements could or will have to be taken into consideration. We model the data structuring together with you, integrate the existing concepts and factor in any future changes for possible updates to the model.
- Transmission: Oftentimes it is necessary to transfer data from one system into an alternative one. The data integration system describes particular software components, for which variations can be created. We present these alternatives to you such as how the ETL-process (extraction, transformation, loading) can be built up.
- Security: Data must either be saved with regards to quality or oftentimes in accordance with the legal standards for several years. As a conceptual safeguard it is important that the data automatically and regularly be secured. We feature an overview about the different variations, which offers various server products to meet all of your technological and business software needs.
- Development Strategy
- Original Software: As an original component ETL software can be developed, which, in turn, can automatically carry out a data transfer or be offered as a service.
- Interactive: Depending on the type of data to be integrated and depending on the overall process, in which the data integration plays a part, it is sometimes necessary that the user jolt the data integration of the software. Additionally, it's necessary to have corresponding software with various configuration possibilities, allowing it to be developed in different ways.
- Automatic: The typical case is one in which integration packets are allowed through according to controlled scheduling. There are also different services ready for your database and server needs.
- Embedding: Besides seeing other variations of data integration as independent software, it can instead be developed as a part of another software program. It can thus be directly viewed or automatically set through controlled scheduling.
- Software Strategy
- Individual / Components: ETL processes are generally created using different tools by Microsoft, Altova or Oracle along with other manufacturers. Every tool has different functions and integrates the developing results in various ways in the particular software. We advise you with regards to the tools and offer trainings and services for using these tools.
- Validation: Under normal circumstances data should be validated according to rules. These rules can be saved statically in an ETL file or dynamically picked out according to a rule based file. Other demanding procedures using semantic technologies are also conceivable. Here we are happy provide advice in selecting which particular option will suit you best.
- Transformation: Data transformations can be carried out in many areas. Grafic configurations or programming solutions for the development may also come about. We identify the best procedures with you for implementation.
Overview of Strategies for Data Warehousing and ETL Projects
Overview of Strategies through Data Warehousing, Data Exchange and Service oriented Architecture Projects using MS SQL Server and Oracle as well as XML Technologies