We carry out customer projects in the areas of MS SharePoint Server along with projects in the related areas of knowledge management, business intelligence and collaboration projects. These projects can lead to an entirely new development or expansion of an existing system. This type of MS SharePoint Server project also takes on different perspectives, which are segmented into success strategies to ensure a successful project.
The following illustrations display several strategies for the different services we provide.
MS SharePoint Projects, Knowledge Management (Enterprise Knowledge Management, EKM), Business Intelligence (BI), Collaboration (Enterprise Collaboration Management, ECM)
Business Administrative Perspectives
Business Administration Perspectives takes into account those aspects and factors which promote the successful employment of Microsoft SharePoint technologies as well as the economic and organizational advantages provided by software for knowledge management and business intelligence. We focus on these factors to support and provide you with consultation services. You will also profit from our experience with many other MS SharePoint projects.
Business Administrative Perspectives with MS SharePoint Projects for Knowledge Management (Enterprise Knowledge Management, EKM), Business Intelligence (BI), Collaborations (Enterprise Collaboration Management, ECM)
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How can the documents, information and data in a company be made both readily available and distributed?
- What administrative advantages are gained through MS SharePoint solutions?
- What technologies for business intelligence and collaboration management are best suited to my planned goals?
- How can I easily implement future upgrades and modifications?
- How do I put my investments in the software to their best use?
The following sections contain concrete aspects of Business Administrative Perspectives:
- Business Administrative Strategy
- Information / Knowledge: Information and data should be accessible for all with an interest in good communication with customers for the success of a project, particularly for the possibility of a project with several collaborators. Furthermore they should be available in the office, at home or via mobile devices when on the road.
- Document Allocation: Documents of all sorts should be saved on a central database and grouped according to type and assignment for easy allocation. Collaborators should be able to easily and quickly find the necessary data for carrying out their assignments and, in the best case scenario, to discover new connections and possibilities.
- Task Management and Support: SharePoint technology can be used and expanded so that task management and workflow management can be brought to use. We advise you here on which technological possibilities are available through MS SharePoint and how the server can be expanded for more custom software.
- Collaboration: By preparing documents and different types of additional data you can make collaborations between departments, individual persons or locations much easier and simpler. You can achieve this if you your important information is saved in a central, shared and used location.
- Future Strategy
- Chances for Growth: An MS SharePoint platform can be used for both internal and external customers. It can connect locations and open up new chances for growth for the entire company because of process support and can distribute knowledge.
- Extendibility and Customization: The SharePoint server as well as the overall approach of knowledge management, document allocation and business intelligence should easily be extendable and customizable to meet future requirements.
- Investment Security: Investment in the software, licenses and services should be dispersed over the longterm according to a planned time period.
- Sustainability: Software and server architecture, implemented processes and developed software should be sustainable. Extendibility is very important, particularly when requirements change or new ones appear.
We carry out customer projects with SharePoint software for the oftentimes complex architecture of hardware, server software, databases, and software components. That is why there is a series of purely technical factors to consider which influence the actual project and the successful long-term services of the software.
Technological Perspectives with MS SharePoint Projects for Knowledge Management (Enterprise Knowledge Management, EKM), Business Intelligence (BI), Collaboration (Enterprise Collaboration Management, ECM)
The following sections contain concrete aspects of Technological Perspectives:
- Security Strategy
- User / Roles / Rights: Data and operations can be coupled together through rights. Authorization structures can oftentimes be taken over from other sources. Of course the user may also develop application specific authorization systems.
- Data Privacy: Legal handicaps, which can actually eventually become user-dependent upon international software developments, need to be taken into consideration in data privacy.
- Logging: Actions must be geared towards comprehensibility, traceability, and general security considerations for normal logging.
- Encryption: Besides the applicable authorizations there are also technological procedures like encryption, which prevents the utilization of data and operations.
- Data Strategy
- Modeling: The data for databases, import/export files as well as other data formats have to be technically correct and created so that the model can be updated. It's possible that the data-imaging and data storage requirements could or will have to be taken into consideration. We model the data structuring together with you, integrate the existing concepts and factor in any future changes for possible updates to the model.
- Security: Data must either be saved with regards to quality or oftentimes in accordance with the legal standards for several years. As a conceptual safeguard it is important that the data automatically and regularly be secured. We feature an overview about the different variations, which offers various server products to meet all of your technological and business software needs.
- Back-up and Restore: Any technical difficulties that may appear in the secured data and system parameters and properties must be backed-up and restored in an updated version as soon as possible. This closely depends on data strategy and security.
- Availability Strategy
- High Availability: A high count of users oftentimes signals an easy investment since the costs are distributed to many as opposed to few. Competitive access, high user counts and business relevant transactions require strategies for high availability.
- Mobile Availability: Knowledge should not only be available in a specified areas but should be available for use anywhere. This is achieved through mobile availability which is supported everywhere over mobile access terminals on the Microsoft SharePoint Server.
- Temporary / Local Availability: With shift operation at a single location or with a software operation close to a location near different time zones it is necessary to set up near permanent availability. We advise you on what sorts of scenarios exist.
- Usability and Barrier Freedom: The more the user makes use of the software, the higher are the requirements for usability and barrier freedom. Here there is also a partial law-related handicap. We develop the proper applications and are happy to advise you with regards to design variations and other alternatives.
Overview of the Strategies for Knowledge Management and MS SharePoint Projects
Overview of the Strategies with MS SharePoint Projects, Knowledge Management (Enterprise Knowledge Management, EKM), Business Intelligence (BI), Collaboration (Enterprise Collaboration Management, ECM)